About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Monday 1 August 2016

Army Review: 28mm Mob Wars - Salutesville's Worst

Switching back to the 1920s again, this time we have the reason for Salutesville Police Department being so well equipped - the lowlife criminals they have to contend with. Led by the shady "il Postino Diablo" and his crew, Postie's Rejects, the various gangs control all of the city's vice business.



Ray "The Badger" Rousell and his budgie smugglers


"Rich" Lee Hadley and his crew

Francis "Feck" Lee's crew
But where is "Il Postino Diablo" himself? I could say that this mysterious kingpin of crime hides in the shadows and pulls the strings from behind the scenes, but the simple truth is that I painted up a figure and gave it to him ("dues for the Don" I think he said...).

All the mobsters so far are Blue Moon. I do have some more hoodlums to paint up at some time - a mix of Dixon and Pulp Figures, plus a few street toughs from Eureka.

I really enjoyed painting these chaps (and chapesses) up - it was good to let loose with some bright colours, even on those figures wearing more muted or sober suits.


6 comments:

  1. Brilliant, I do love this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid. But as you say no sewer rat (AKA Postie).... at least not in plain sight, but if you just lft a man hole cover... I will say no more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time for these boys to visit Sing Sing I think..

    Lovely stuff , grand to see them all out together

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Michael A - thank you m'Lord! It's a fun collection to have. Now, when are we going to see you getting some mobsters for yours? :)

    @ Clint - "sewer rat"? Well, I guess the next time you're gaming with the Rejects you'll find out if he's read that comment ;)
    Or maybe he's like Keyser Soze - he's actually in there somewhere but nobody actually knows it :)

    @ Simon - cheers! :)

    @ Da Gobbo Grotto - thanks! :)

    @ Dave D - cheers! Sing Sing called - no room for them, we're full up, try somewhere else, please pretty please don't send them to us :)

    ReplyDelete