About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 2 July 2016

NSL Vehicle Reinforcements

I still haven't finished the last three supers - sorry! Hope to get them done tomorrow.

Yesterday evening I spotted something lurking on the floor to the side of my painting desk, part-way finished - my extra NSL hover vehicles. I also realised that I probably need them for the game of Gruntz I'm planning for the Scattergun Gamer when he pops into the club during his UK trip in just over a week. The only steps left were the basing and to do go over some bits with satin or gloss varnish.

I did the basing last night, at which point I remembered the note I wrote to myself when I did the previous batch of vehicles - to add the basing mix before priming and painting everything! Today I've brushed off the excess sand and grit (especially where it had got onto the plenum/skirt of vehicles), painted the basing texture, added some patches of static grass and done the spots of gloss/satin varnish.

Anyway, they're all done now. The colours didn't come out quite the same as the original batch of vehicles - I think I used less of the Hull Red for these and the camo colours airbrushed through mesh seem to show up better this time.

Righty-ho, pics time:

The batch

Recon tankette and light tank



Rommel medium tanks





Supply truck




Gauntlet close support vehicle





Gauntlet engineering vehicle






All my NSL hover vehicles:


The lights

The heavies
Well, that's enough for one post!



14 comments:

  1. Gotta love a hover tank. Top work

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are terrific. I really do like the colour scheme you have selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must play some seriously big games to need that much armour! Given it's GZG that must weigh quite a bit too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on the camo.

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking camo on these beasties!
    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great models and a very cool camo sceme. reminds a bit of the Nato Camo sceme back in my time with the German Bundeswehr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. They really do look the business.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great camo - good colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool - I really like that engineering vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Martin - cheers! Not as cool as grav tanks perhaps, but still cool :)

    @ Clint - thanks! :)

    @ Millsy - it's called being prepared for all eventualities. Oh, and it does weigh just a little bit :)

    @ Robert Foran - cheers! :)

    @ Pete - thanks! :)

    @ Ross - cheers! :)

    @ Markus - thanks! It seemed to be "right" for the Neu Swabian League :)

    @ Roy - cheers! :)

    @ Ray - thanks! :)

    @ Dannoc - cheers! :)

    @ Curt - thanks! The engineering vehicle was fun to build and paint - I'm sure I'll be able to find a use for it in some scenarios... :)

    @ Francis - cheers m'dear! :)

    ReplyDelete