About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Sunday 17 July 2016

Army Review: 6mm ACW

You lucky, lucky people - you're not getting just one army in this second review of the series, but two. How's that for a treat? Not to forget that this is the second review today, so doubly treatalicious!


OK, that's quite enough introductory blurb, on with the reviews!


Men of the South









Men of the North










That's the two armies so far. The Rebs have a 24v23 advantage in infantry; the Bluebellies have a 16v11 advantage in artillery.

I do have some reinforcements to add at some point this year - artillery & limbers, generals and cavalry (mounted and dismounted). Also some wagons and camp bits, plus some casualties. I'll probably buy some reinforcements for the infantry as well.

At the back of my mind, I have a hankering to do the battle of Brandy Station, but that's going to need a heck of a lot of cavalry on both sides. Maybe one to do in 2mm?




9 comments:

  1. Inspiring stuff- all Baccus right?

    Cheers,

    Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. most impressive review - I look forward to seeing them on the tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I see the 6mm troops like this I ALWAYS think I should sort my 6mm ACW armies out! And then it is followed a couple of hours later with a wave of apathy when I dig them out and look sat them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see them all out together.. Brandy Station... Surely you need to be doing Gettysburg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So small and so many! Wonderful to see them like this Tamsin, I'm really enjoying these reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! 2mm is the future. Great review, I enjoyed reading it, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Pete - thanks! Yes, they are all Baccus :)

    @ Miles - cheers! Once I've got everything in my flat sorted, I'll get them on the table for a solo game to test the Polemos rules :)

    @ Clint - I feel like that sometimes when I see other peoples' finished armies and I still have stuff unfinished [like my pirates - arrr!] :o

    @ Dave D - thanks! Brandy Station is a good step on the way to Gettysburg :)

    @ Michael A - cheers m'Lord! It's amazing how long it takes to paint such small figures. I guess it's all the details to be painted - I blame Baccus for putting so much of it onto the figures! ;)

    @ Francis - cheers m'dear! :)

    @ Colonel Scipio - for a battle like Brandy Station over such a large field and with much of the action at company level, 2 or 3mm makes perfect sense - I'm very much leaning toward the lovely 3mm boys from Oddzial Osmy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review Tamsin. I love the bases where you have a unit wheeling - nice touch! Makes me want to get back at my Baccus Confederate starter pack that has sat too long without attention!

    ReplyDelete