About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 4 March 2016

Challenge Day 75 - Aztec Reinforcements

I was a bit shocked when I got home this evening. There was a small parcel waiting for me from The Assault Group. I'm now wondering what the "red card of frustration" I received yesterday is for.

Anyway, time to show the contents:

The box
The shinies
The freebies - an Eagle knight and a captive

I've now opened all the packets, and sorted the figures into baggies ready for prepping. Oh, you want to know what all the packets contained? Okay

Top row (L to R):

  • assorted weapons, shields, back banners and the two freebie figures
  • Tequihuaqueh (0 and 1 captive warriors)
  • Warrior priests
  • 3-captive warriors

Bottom row (L to R):

  • Tlaxcalan command group
  • Itzimitl (demon suit) warriors
  • Jaguar warriors
  • Quachicqueh (shorn ones)

As for painting, I haven't done any this evening as I was feeling a bit zombified. I hope I'm not going down with something. Of course, that means it is unlikely that I'll be able to get them all finished in time to submit before the Saturday deadline. If I just focus on a few of them, that might be possible.


4 comments:

  1. That's a very interesting project. Great looking freebies. The kind of delivery gamers love to get. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, these will be pretty, very interesting subject, years ago I use to play Empire total war and loved the American Indian expansion, looking forward to seeing the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're not coming down with something, either.

    ReplyDelete