About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Friday 13 February 2015

Challenge Day 71 - Yesterday's WIPiness

Just to let you know, there may be a second post this evening.

Yesterday I was feeling a bit more human, mainly because my nose was no longer gushing. I was stilling aching and whacked out though and partook of several naps. In between all those, I did get a fair bit done.

First off I decided to prep some of the new shinies from GZG, then put the bits to soak in soapy water for a few hours before drying them off. In the evening I assembled them:



While they were washing and drying (and after a couple of naps) I carried on with the 6mm ACW. I took these pics last night, but did a few more steps afterwards:






All that's left before basing are the gold bits and varnishing. Woohoo! I will get them done in time for Saturday's posting slot.

8 comments:

  1. Looking good and glad your feeling a bit better

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your energy for painting, despite your recent set-back is amazing.
    The GZG stuff (hover tanks ?) look very criso and should be a delight to paint and the ACW figures are coming along at quite a lick - 2500 points - pah ! At your output rate are you sure it's enough ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good on the ACW front. Those tanks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the GZG hovers. I love mine and really enjoyed working on them. They have a good solid weight to them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never have enough tanks - looking forward to the end results.
    That reminds me I still have the voucher from GZG - gotta use him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Ian - thanks! It's good to be feeling better :)

    @ Zabadak - they took a bit of cleanup; I suspect the moulds are getting a bit old. I think 2500 points is about right, tough but achievable :)

    @ Simon - the tanks are definitely awesome :)

    @ Millsy - I do like the heft, but don't look forward to lugging them to games ;)

    @ Dan - you certainly can't! Expect results next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling more human and have stopped gushing.
    No yellow piping on the cavalry uniforms? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You want piping in 6mm? *zoiks!*

      Besides, these are clearly late war and have abandoned the piping on their breeches ;)

      Delete