About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
A mythical beast - a female wargamer! I got back into wargaming in the summer of 2011 after a very, very long break and haven't looked back since. I must admit that I seem to be more of a painter/collector than a gamer, but do hope to correct that at some point in the near future. My gaming interests span the ages, from the "Biblical" era all the way through to the far future. I enjoy games of all sizes, from a handful of figures up to major battles (see my megalomaniacally sized Choson Korean and Russian Seven Years War armies).

Saturday 31 March 2012

WIP: Chumbondas #4; WIP: Riders for the TEDF Horses

TEDF? What the heck is that? Tamsin's Equine Development Facility of course!


Chumbondas

This afternoon I did the ground work on the bases - base coat (Khaki Grey 880), wash (chestnut wash with a little bit of the black wash added) and dry-brush (Khaki Grey 880 and Iraqi Sand 819 in equal parts). I started taking pics when I spotted that the battery was almost out - I want to get some close up shots before I do the Klear/ink step, then they'll get a matt spray in the morning.








Riders for the TEDF Horses

I took a couple of pics showing their current primed state. I'll make a start on painting them tomorrow - boots and trousers first, then glue them onto their horses before painting the rest of the detail. I'll also be putting in the lances at this stage.


The 4 riders which broke at hip or knee



Other Projects

Well, in between various bits of painting I'll also need to start work on prepping my "Alan" light horse and Scythians. I might also prep some of my SF figures so that I've got something to switch to if my painting mojo flags again from doing lots of ancients. I haven't decided which ones yet - my Chewks from Khurusan could be a fun side-project, but there aren't many of them so I'll probably need to do something else as well - my GZG New Israelis perhaps?

5 comments:

  1. cool those guys are nearly impossible to see in a wooded environment

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell are them Chewbacca looking things anyway??

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gowan - thanks! They've turned out the way they were intended to then :)

    @Ray - they are not-Wookies, errmm, Chumbondas, yes, that's it - Chumbondas from Wargames Supply Dump. I believe they are the result of an experiment in which Chewbacca was crossed with ZZ Top. Then again, it may not have been an experiment, just rock 'n roll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamsin, I think your Chumbondas are the result of a counterfactual history if Jim Henson had gone down the exploitation flick path instead of joining Sesame Street!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well whatever the Chumbondas are supposed to be they look pretty cool.

    I particularly like the fig that is kneeling and holding what I assume is a miniature rocket launcher!

    Re the broken figs you should contact the manufacturer and ask for replacements. If they were bad castings then they should be replaced

    ReplyDelete